I need a new linux homepage. Ideas ?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 13 16:54:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:50:29 -0500
Bob Goodwin wrote:

>     I assume this is the page that appears when the browser [Firefox]
>     starts? How can I implement this using my NFS server?

Create a html page named anything you like, on the server (or on your local
computer) with your bookmarks as links.

On Firefox:
Edit-preferences-general
When Firefox starts show my homepage
homepage:  the webpage you just made

Done.  Now you can use all of your bookmarks with any web browser.  If you
put that page on a webserver you can access it from anywhere.

The only disadvantage is that you have to manually type in any new bookmarks
that you want to add.

I deal with this by using a system where I have my permanent bookmarks on a
webpage (named bookmarks.html, amazingly enough) and I store transient
bookmarks for projects, current research and the like using the native Firefox
bookmarking system.