Distorted audio in Firefox -- another memcpy bug hiding somewhere?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Nov 13 18:53:46 UTC 2010

After upgrading to F14 on x86_64 I'm getting distorted audio in some
situations. Mostly playing /some/ flash audio. This was discussed in
https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-5739 and our bug 638477, with the
conclusion being a bug in the 64 bit Flash plugin.

HOWEVER:

I'm getting the same audio distortion from Google Pacman:
http://www.google.com/pacman/ which uses HTML and Javascript, not Flash,
AFAIK.

If you're affected by the 64 bit Flash bug, can you try to see if you also
get distorted audio from Pacman, which would suggest another memcpy bug
hiding somewhere.