fedora 14 and evolution

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 13 20:50:18 UTC 2010

Just installed F14 and I have to say, this has been the smoothest
installation and configuration in quite some time. Knock on wood.
Flash, java, multimedia, compilers, libraries, printing, networking, nfs,
autofs, all seems well. Thumbs up and a big thank you to the developers!

Just one thing though. I kept my home and data directories upon install,
hence all dot files, and I was expecting evolution to pick up my existing
configuration, which has many folders and rules that sort the incoming
mail by sender. No such luck though. I also restored evolution from a
backup file and still my old folders in evolution do not show up. Just
the standard Inbox, Drafts, Junk, etc. I would hate to have to re-create
all the folders and rules. Is there any trick, some config files that I
can restore manually somehow?

Thanks!