fedora 14 and evolution

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sat Nov 13 23:33:53 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 15:06 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 20:50:18 +0000,
>   "Amadeus W.M." <amadeus84 at verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> > Just one thing though. I kept my home and data directories upon install,
> > hence all dot files, and I was expecting evolution to pick up my existing
> > configuration, which has many folders and rules that sort the incoming
> > mail by sender. No such luck though. I also restored evolution from a
> > backup file and still my old folders in evolution do not show up. Just
> > the standard Inbox, Drafts, Junk, etc. I would hate to have to re-create
> > all the folders and rules. Is there any trick, some config files that I
> > can restore manually somehow?
>
> My first thought would be that the name of the config file (or dir) changed.
> Look at the dot files and see if some new ones were created when you ran
> evolution after the update. If so, you might just be able to rename the
> old one.

Some of the config files are now in different directories,
besides .evolution.  Also try .config/evolution as well.  I don't
remember which files were moved to which.  You might try a test user and
create from scratch just to see where the files are created.  Then copy
your backup files to the appropriate dir.

Hope that helps (and yes I went through this with some testing and
didn't seem to restore evolution like it used to due to the dir change).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"