End of life for FC12?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Nov 14 00:43:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 23:41:31 -0500
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:

> It is a general Fedora problem, not hardware related. If you have a
> laptop connected with WiFi and mount an NFS volume, on resume it
> tries to use NFS before the network is up. Then the mount goes away.
> I see it on every laptop and have for years.

try:

echo 'NETWORKWAIT=yes' >> /etc/sysconfig/network

The problem is that NetworkManager just brings up network as it can,
and nothing waits for it by default. If you set the above it should
wait until there is a Network that comes up before NetworkManager lets
the next thing resume.

> > You're of course welcome to use whatever distro you choose.
> >
> Worth trying Ubuntu, friend says it works. Costs nothing to try ;-)

Suit yourself. ;)

kevin