Online source code browser

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sun Nov 14 18:37:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:17:02 -0800
JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an online source code browser for Fedora Packages?

I've never heard of such a thing, and it would be a big project.  I
hope someone knows of one, it would be convenient.

As far as I'm aware, the way to do this is to create a build tree in
your home directory,
rpmdev-setuptree
and then get the src.rpm package,
yumdownloader --source <package name>
and install it in the build tree, as a user.
rpm -ivh <package name>
Once this is done, move to the SPEC directory,
cd ~/rpmbuild/SPEC
and run the rpmbuild command to unpack everything.
rpmbuild -bp <package name>.spec
At this point the source will be unpacked in
~/rpmbuild/BUILD/<package name>
You can then look at it with the editor of your choice.