Online source code browser

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Nov 14 21:41:00 UTC 2010

JD wrote:
> You are right that what you suggest works;
> but I really wanted to avoid using local storage.
> That's why I would like to do it online.

Oh, then sorry.  I think you're out of luck.  It would be a huge
amount of resources for fedora to host the exploded contents of all
10k+ packages (let along keeping multiple versions or revision control
history for those upstream projects).  It's much better to use the
gitweb url to browse through packages you care about, then follow the
Url tag in the spec file to the upstream project's home.  There you
can usually find an online source broswer for their code.

That said, doing it this way is painfully slow and tedious.  Disk
space is cheap and bandwidth is generally so as well (where I am
anyway) that I find it much easier to clone projects so that I can
grep them.  Even better for upstream projects that use git, where I
can do things like 'git log -S"some string"' and find any commits that
added or removed "some string".

To each his own though.  Good luck.

There, I've gone and soiled myself, are you happy now?!
    -- Stewie Griffin