USB audio mixers

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 17 15:02:12 UTC 2010

Has anybody connected one of the various domestic audio mixers with USB
outputs to a Linux box?  An example of one at this link:

http://bavasmusic.com.au/store/behringer-xenyx-1204usb-p-2023.html

Given a decent mixer, and something that's compatible, it ought to be a
big improvement on my sound card for capturing analogue audio, and more
useful than getting another sound card.  But I've yet to see a device
saying it'll supports anything other than Windows or Mac.  Though this
pages mentions some compatibility:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/672861-REG/Behringer_1204USB_XENYX_1204USB_12_Channel.html

Albeit in a strange way:  "The energyXT2.5 software is compatible with
Mac, Windows, and even Linux operating systems".

The "software" is compatible?  It's the hardware I'm concerned about.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.