Init fails on FC14

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:55:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:08:43 -0500, Bill wrote:

> Heinz Diehl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after a boot into Gnome and opening a root console,
> > switching to runlevel 3 (or whatever) fails. "init 3" or "telinit 3"
> > does simply nothing, and the box begins to lock up. There's no problem to
> > boot into runlevel 3 or whatever.
> >
> > Does anybody here encounter the same, and know a solution?
> >
> The next time I'm booted on 14 I'll try that. I did try it in a VM and it worked
> back and forth between 5 and 3 multiple times.

"init 1" in GNOME doesn't work
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/640925

Could be the wrong component (after having been reassigned), but the current
owner has yet to respond. :/

When I asked about it on test list on Oct 1st, nobody added any insight:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-October/094304.html