Emacs dumps core on FC14

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Nov 17 21:49:05 UTC 2010

On 11/17/2010 01:19 PM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 17.11.2010, Joe Zeff wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that it's almost always newcomers who use Fedora Core when
>> referring to the distro.
>
> I used "FC" without thinking if this maybe could be incorrect. I just
> wanted to show what distribution my mails are related to.

You both misunderstand and mis-read; I wasn't referring to people using
"FC," but as I wrote up above, using the term "Fedora Core" for recent
versions.

>> It's almost as though they're trying to look
>> like they've been using Fedora for a lot longer than they have and only
>> manage to look clueless.
>
> I think it's quite silly to judge others by a simple prefix they're using,
> and I can't see why it's so important how long time one has been
> using Fedora...

How long you've been using Fedora shouldn't be important, which is why
I'm so amused by newcomers pretending to be old-timers and Getting It Wrong.