One satisfied customer with f14!

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Nov 17 23:33:37 UTC 2010

On 11/18/2010 07:19 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> Just for curiosity, why have a separate /boot partition at all?
> I always just make a single / partition, install everything on it
> and never run out of space in /boot or /home because it is all the
> same chunk of space.
So, you always do upgrades and never complete installs?  What happens if
it becomes necessary to do a complete install?  Wouldn't you want to
have a separate /home so you wouldn't have to back it up?

There are certainly other reasons for multiple partitions.  The above is
just one.

--
Time to be aggressive. Go after a tattooed Virgo. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市
八德路四段