Some questions

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Thu Nov 18 17:04:53 UTC 2010

Hi

Installed F14 into Toshiba Satellite L40-157 laptop.
Installation went smoothly, started wihout any hickups.

But...

Using KDE and chosen digital clock, it shows HH:32 forinstance. Ie.
it does nor show hours? Where I can get hours to be shown.

It seems also, that system-config-display has left away from F14,
now where I can configure display. In systemsettings there is
"display" but it does not tell me, what card to use or what display
to use. Card is according lspci Intel GM965/GL960 family. There is
too little choises to set resolution in systemsettings, so help is
needed. At the moment 1200x800.

Also sound problems. Lspci shows Intel 82801H iC8H family.
Output is ok, but MIC is not shown in any mixer??? Ie no
inputdevices shown?? Driver or ????
My desktop machine 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation
N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01) works
fine.

So, fresh install, all updates installed.

Any quess?

Jarmo