Virtual desktops

Patrick Bartek bartek047 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 23:58:02 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 11/18/10, Zoltan Hoppar <hopparz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an strange question about virtual desktops. Usually, every user
> could set up multiple virtual desktops - where you could switch around -
> basically with an applet. I mosly in my times I like to do multiple things
> together - therefore I would like to see for each virtual desktop an group
> of applications.... Is that possible somehow on gnome desktop?

System->Preferences->Startup Applications/Options

Check "Automatically remember running . . ."

This works for me in Fedora 12 64-bit.  Although with web browser, you'll sometimes get a "non-standard shutdown" requester asking if you want to return to the last page viewed, the home page, etc.  And sometimes, some or all of the apps will load onto the first virtual desktop instead of the one they were originally running in when the system was shutdown or the user logged out.