fullscreen impress with compiz (openoffice)

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 01:05:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

OpenOffice impress slideshows aren't working for me in F13. If I try
to run a slideshow it fails to run fullscreen and instead opens a
root-sized window which, if I'm lucky centres on the screen. (If
unlucky it sits at the bottom of the screen and has to be dragged up.)
The window also sits behind other windows and the gnome panels.
Disabling compiz works, however this thread:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5520&p=25615&hilit=compiz+impress

Seems to suggest I can enable a compiz workaround to fix this issue.
I've tried turning on the workarounds and legacy full screen, but this
doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--