Making space on an EeePC

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Nov 19 15:02:27 UTC 2010

On 11/19/2010 09:09 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> I still have F13 installed on mine but I used BTRFS with the SSD
> option and it seems to work well.

What is BTRFS?

> I'm probably going to stick with F13
> since it works well enough and the update cycle should slow down.
> Doing a lot of updates on an older EEEPC sucks (time wise).

I good point.   I just set up a local repo of F14 updates and last night
I got a goodly rsync download!

So I am running F13 on my EEEPC for now.

I followed:  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EeePc for the broken battery
alert and am still getting it.  Have you tried this?

Do you know of instructions to get a scrolling screen?  There are many
dialogs that just don't fit in at 800 x 480.  Have you gotten any other
resolution working?

I also tried the monitor rotation for viewing some videos, but the mouse
became too hard to control.