F14 cobbler daemon

stan gryt2 at q.com
Fri Nov 19 23:29:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 22:10:59 +0000 (UTC)
Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:

> 	On an oldish machine (Dell PowerEdge SC1420, *not being used
> as a server), boot messages look fairly unremarkable, till one saying
> "Starting cobbler daemon: SERVING!" -- which is called OK -- after
> which booting stops.
>
> 	The machine can be ssh'd into, and I've done a yum update or
> two, without helping it to boot.
>
> 	What is to be done?

How about, as root,
chkconfig cobblerd off

The next time it boots, cobbler won't start, so the error won't occur.
I assume you can turn off the daemon if you can run a yum update.  It
that isn't true, you might have to poke around in the configuration for
cobbler to turn it off.

Run
rpm -q --filesbypkg cobbler
to find where all the files are.