Wine install on Fedora 14 x86_64?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 20 04:02:55 UTC 2010

On 11/19/10 5:14 PM, Kevin Martin wrote:
> <snip>
>> Please attach the entire command and all output?
>> The part where it resolves the dep is needed to figure out whats going
>> on.
>>
>> kevin
> As requested:
>
> $ sudo yum install wine
> Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror, list-data, post-transaction-actions, presto, protectbase, ps, refresh-packagekit, refresh-
>                : updatesd, remove-with-leaves, show-leaves
>   * fedora: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
>   * livna: rpm.livna.org
>   * rpmfusion-free: mirrors.tummy.com
>   * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
>   * rpmfusion-free-updates-testing: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
>   * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirrors.tummy.com
>   * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
>   * updates: serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org
>   * updates-testing: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
>   * updates-testing-debuginfo: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
> 0 packages excluded due to repository protections
> Setting up Install Process
> Resolving Dependencies
> -->  Running transaction check
> --->  Package wine.x86_64 0:1.3.6-1.fc14 set to be installed
> -->  Processing Dependency: wine-core(x86-32) = 1.3.6-1.fc14 for package: wine-1.3.6-1.fc14.x86_64
You are installing the 32 bit version of Wine, not the 64 bit version.
Not many 64 bit programs work with Wine yet.  I would suggest looking at
the yum list and selecting the 64 bit version if you want to install it.

Also, please be aware that you have to have two Wine 'fake windows'
directories, one for 64 bit and one for 32 bit programs, for now (at
least as far as the Stable Wine 1.2.1 version is concerned.)

James McKenzie