No /var/lib/bluetooth/nn:nn:nn:nn:nn:nn/linkkeys

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Sat Nov 20 13:49:29 UTC 2010

I'm attempting to tether my Fedora 14 laptop with my Android phone.  The
pairing process will apparently work fine, but every time I attempt to
connect to the access point in blueman, I am prompted to pair the device
again.  If I am fast enough at entering things, it will connect to the
access point, but every time I attempt to use it again, I will be
prompted to pair again.  If I understand correctly, pairing should store
a key in /var/lib/bluetooth/nn:nn:nn:nn:nn:nn/linkkeys, but that file is
never created.  Any suggestion on figuring out what is going on?

Thanks
Mike