Let me try again on how to find boot oprions

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Nov 22 01:17:17 UTC 2010

On 11/22/2010 07:47 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> It may just be me but when installing F14 from a DVD it is not at all
> clear how you bring up the boot prompt so you can type: Linux text, for
> example, and do a text install?
>
> The install Manual says one types commands like this at the boot prompt.
>  But when I boot my DVD I just get a list of four options like: Install and Upgrade and no
> boot prompt. So how is this supposed to work?

As you said in your previous post on this....

Yes, you type "tab" and then can enter options to the end of the line
displayed.  The options are listed, not sure if it is all inclusive, at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options

For example, adding debug=1 does exactly what it says it does.

Is this what you want?  What option are you wanting to invoke?

--
In Pocatello, Idaho, a law passed in 1912 provided that "The carrying of
concealed weapons is forbidden, unless same are exhibited to public