Sound card does not work

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Nov 22 01:24:22 UTC 2010

On 11/21/2010 09:36 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> It was called pavucontrol up to F13, not sure if this changed in F14, though.

It is still called pavucontrol in F14.

I've been having problems sorting out my sound as well recently.  Seems
PA is getting confused as to whether I want my sound coming out only my
laptop's speakers, or it headphone jacks.  I've played with 3 different
Gnome configuration tools:

The Volume control in my task bar (right select, pull to Sound
Preferences, I have no idea what its called)

amixer

and now pavucontrol (which can be gotten to through the Pulse Audio
Applet as well).

I used it to mute my sound, then had trouble getting it back correctly.
Now that I've played with pavucontrol, I think I've got it back
correctly again.

YMMV

--
Kevin J. Cummings