nouveau and 3d performance in f14?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Nov 22 02:09:35 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 21:28:53 +0000,
  mike cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:
> Before I start tinkering with 3d graphics (like desktop effects) in my
> f14 main machine (with a nVidia Corporation G96 [Quadro FX 380]
> graphics card in it), I wondered if anyone here has played with 3d
> graphics (installing the mesa-dri-drivers-experimental package first)
> and running with our open source nouveau driver rather than the
> proprietary driver.

I've been running that way for a while, but just switched that machine
to rawhide. Turning on the 3D stuff breaks at least warzone2000. You can
play things like bzflag though. I don't normally do much with 3D games
on that machine, so I can't give you good performance numbers.

I have an nv28, things might be different for other cards.