Firefox, Youtube and Sound

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon Nov 22 18:06:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 13:45 -0600, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> Dear List
>
> I am running FC13, and after the upgrade to 3.6.12 on the 28th of
> October there is a problem with youtube videos and sound.  Youtube
> worked perfectly with sound before the upgrade to 3.6.12.
>
> I can play music with rhythumbox without difficulty, but no sound will
> be generated by firefox.
>
> Has this happened to anyone else?  Any ideas?
>
> Greg Ennis

Everyone,

I never figured out the cause of the problem, and finally decided to do
a fresh install of Fc14 which obviously fixed the problem.  I have to
also extend some praise to the fedora team; this install was the easiest
and most complete install I have done so far.  There was also an added
bonus of being able to restore all of my evolution filters, addresses,
and folders with the backup system available in evolution.

My perception of the youtube problem was that it was an adobe flash
problem.

Greg