Menubar missing from F14 gnome-terminals

Darr darr at core.com
Tue Nov 23 00:17:25 UTC 2010

On Sunday, 21 November, 2010 @15:39 zulu, Robert G. (Doc) Savage scribed:

> Something appears to be suppressing the [File Edit view Terminal Tabs
> Help] menubar in gnome-terminal on my Thinkpad laptop. The "show

In GEdit, do Open and browse to
/usr/share/doc/gnome-globalmenu-0.7.8/
and open the README.GNOME file.

If you have that file there, it sounds like you may have installed the
Global Menu without knowing what it did.

If you want to try using it, the best way I found was right-clicking and
'Add'ing it to the top menu panel (as explained in that readme)... but you
can add it to any panel, if you can get used to looking down or to the
side[s] for File/Edit/View/etc.

Otherwise, do
# yum erase gnome-applet-globalmenu

and the file menus should reappear for you below the title bar in all
GTK-based applications.