Wine and Fonts ???

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 03:58:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Jim <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 11/22/2010 12:15 PM, Jim wrote:
>> FC 10
>>
>> I have a Windows Poker game installed in Wine, and it updated itself and
>> some of the Fonts are now bad, all you get is tiny boxes where
>> characters are supposed to be.
>>
>> I assumed there is a newer Windows Font package that Wine does not have .
>>
>> Can Winetricks update new Windows Fonts ?
> When running Winetricks I get this Error Message:
>
> You're using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX, most of winetricks hasn't been fixed
> for win64 yet. You can force a 32-bit WINEPREFIX by using WINEARCH=win32.
>
> How and where do i run "WINEARCH=win32"  to change the setting ?

Is your windows poker game the PokerStars client?

I had some rough times around Fedora 10 and using the 64 bit Wine.
Every update seemed to break things unexpectedly. I eventually gave up
and used the 32 bit wine. To get things to run properly you can force
it by adding the following before the command in the properties of the
launcher that runs your particular poker client:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/(your user name)/.wine" wine "C:\Program
Files\(name of your poker application).exe"

Notice the wine rather than wine64.

I would imagine that you could add your WINEARCH=win32 bit there
instead/as well.

Good luck.
/Mike