Firefox, Youtube and Sound

N James Bridge james at xmas.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 08:27:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 13:45 -0600, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I am running FC13, and after the upgrade to 3.6.12 on the 28th of
> October there is a problem with youtube videos and sound.  Youtube
> worked perfectly with sound before the upgrade to 3.6.12.
>
> I can play music with rhythumbox without difficulty, but no sound will
> be generated by firefox.

I am running F14 (64 bit) and Firefox had been playing Flash videos
correctly, up until the last couple of days, using the wrapped 32-bit
plugin. Now there is no sound, just the picture. Other audio
applications still work. I haven't changed Firefox's plugins or any
sound prefs. It seemed like it just quit.

Any suggestions welcome!

James Bridge