Problm with icons on desktop

Fennix cn.stefan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:37:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Fennix <cn.stefan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 10:34 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> > Suddenly when I logon my desktop is filled with files from my home
>> > directory rather than files from my Desktop folder.
>> >
>> > Configuration Editor should be able to fix this but how? Does anyone
>> > know?
>>
>> Gnome:
>>
>> Run the configuration editor, search for desktop_is_home_dir as a
>> keyname, or drill down to /apps/nautilus/preferences/, and untick the
>> box.
>>
>> KDE, I don't know.
>>
>> --
>> [tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
>> 2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686
>>
>> Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.  I
>> read messages from the public lists.
>>

>> --
>>

> This must be a Gnome question as KDE has not had desktop icons for a long
> while....
>
> /fennix

PS: I do like the op's posted quote:  "Not every question deserves an
answer."  tempted me think whether to reply or not...but this obviously is a
Gnome question and there I do not have any experience....thereby the no
reply would be appropriate....then the followup reply from "Tim" with "KDE,
I don't know." and with KDE4.x there no longer are desktop icons....just
widgets (mini-apps) to give information on the system, or many other
things....

/fennix