Contents of install DVD vs CDs

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Nov 24 22:18:46 UTC 2010

> Does the F12 (and I suppose 13 and 14) install DVD have more on it than
> the install CDs?

IIRC, the CDs (which disappeared at one point, only to re-appear again)
contain the same content as the DVD, only broken into bite-sized (CD)
pieces.

> I know that yum points to the ''everything' repo which is more inclusive
> than the install CDs.

Yes.  The DVD and CDs are only intended to get you up and running, and
have a specific table of contents which is decided by the what can fit
on the DVD.  Everything else get shunted to the Everything repo.

> I ask this because I just installed an Amahi system using a local repo
> built from the install CDs and many of the dependencies for Amahi are
> NOT met during the install.  They, for the most part, get picked up later.

Which is why Everything is the repo configured after the install.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net