FC14 good/bad news

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Nov 25 00:10:29 UTC 2010

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 11/17/2010 08:33 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Now I can select enhanced effects for video, and they work fine (for values of
>> fine considering I wanted to see if they work, not that I want them on).
>> However, the display is still dog slow, glxgears runs at 60fps, video is jerky,
>> etc. So the "better" video now doesn't crash, does provide effects I don't need,
>> and is still too slow to be useful, even on a non-game machine. So much for not
>> using vendor drivers.
>
> Examine /var/log/Xorg.0.log.  Make sure it's loading the "radeon"
> driver.  If you don't feel comfortable interpreting the file, post it
> somewhere that others can see it.

Sorry, I forgot to post a reply to your other suggestion, the radeon driver does
get loaded, the framebuffer (/proc/fb) is radeondrmfb, and as noted, 3D effects
are functional, if useless. But thanks for the suggestion, at least I am pretty
sure I haven't missed anything major.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>