Is anybody using Xournal? -- I have questions, and want recommendations.

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Nov 25 17:02:33 UTC 2010

Hi;

I am about to download Xournal, but before I try it out maybe I can get
a few questions answered.

I am currently reading a 260 page PDF document.  I would like to be able
to make the equivalent of margin notes to myself.  I have and use gnotes
and NoteCase each for different purposes.

I would like to attach the margins notes at specific spots in the text
(or seem to).  The notes are for my own reference and are not
necessarily intended to be shared. I don't want to directly edit the
document.

If Xournal is not the answer, do you have any suggestions on how I might
go about making the equivalent of margin notes on a printed document.  I
imagine there would be a use for this in academic or policy making
circles.

Something for PDF documents would be good.  Something that I could use
on other types of documents as well would be better.
--
Regards Bill
Fedora 14, Gnome 2.32