End of life for FC12?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Nov 25 19:42:02 UTC 2010

On 11/25/2010 10:55 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I stayed on FC4 for similar reasons, until I could go to better hardware and
> FC13, and I still run XP in a VM for one application. I know where you are
> coming from.
>
> I stay with things that work for me, I'm still on wife 1.0. ;-)

I still have Win98 on this box and last time I tried, it booted.
Granted, it took long enough that I remembered just why I switched to
Linux, but it did manage to come up.  I never went to any newer version
of Gatesware because I dislike NotToday "technology."  I don't like the
way it works and, as I was considered a Windows Internals Geek back when
I did tech support, I think I have good reasons.

Be that as it may, I'm not posting to show off my advocacy.  I use what
works and, more and more, Linux Just Works.  People ask when we'll have
The Year Of The Linux Desktop; for me, it was several years ago.