F14 Anaconda language options

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Thu Nov 25 23:42:14 UTC 2010

Hi all,

In previous versions of Fedora I was able to pass the lang and keymap
options at boot to by-pass the need to select them later in Anaconda.
This is important because Australian English is not in the list for me
to select, so it gets overridden to US English. Also, previously, I
has to pass both lang and keymap, because if I left one off, I had to
select them both in the installer.

However, this doesn't seem to work for me in Fedora 14 (x86_64 DVD).
Even though I pass both keymap and lang, i still get prompted to
select language and keyboard. I've tried passing other languages and
keymaps too, but get the same result - for example, if I pass
lang=de_DE.UTF-8, I _do_ get the language in German, but it still
prompts me to select the language..

Is this a bug, feature, or is there a new/other option I have to pass?
I've checked Anaconda options on the wiki, but can't see anything new.
I've also searched bugzilla, but can't find anything related there
either.

Thanks!
Chris