End of life for FC12?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 26 00:40:51 UTC 2010

On 11/25/10 5:29 PM, Andras Simon wrote:
> On 11/25/10, Hiisi<saippua5 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> To the topic: F12 seems to became more stable recently. My current
>> uptime is 12 days, 14:55 which is remarkable for this specific
>> configuration/hardware.
> [simon at pici dl]$ uptime
>   01:23:47 up 309 days,  1:43,  7 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.33, 0.27
>
> On a puny netbook. Yes, F12 is pretty stable.
> (I'm cheating a little, because this netbook goes to sleep every day.
> But still...)

Before the days of Linux, I had an OS/2 system that was up for two
years.  I had to shut it down to move it from the United States to
Korea.  It ran there for months and months.  Not all Operating Systems
are as unstable as Windows98 (it had the worst uptime that I know of.)
I even ran a NetWare server that was up for six months (I crashed it
running a backup, the tape drive was filthy and a bug in the backup
program brought down the server.)

James McKenzie