End of life for FC12?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 26 03:36:01 UTC 2010

On 11/25/10 7:00 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> --- On Thu, 11/25/10, Bill Davidsen<davidsen at tmr.com>  wrote:
>
>> Patrick Bartek wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> Another reason, I'm looking for Long Time Support in
>> my next OS.
>> I stayed on FC4 for similar reasons, until I could go to
>> better hardware and
>> FC13, and I still run XP in a VM for one application. I
>> know where you are
>> coming from.
> Sadly, people like us are nearly extinct.  Today, the self-esteem of the majority seems directly proportional to the newness of want they own.

True.  Or they are forced to buy new to 'keep up with the Joneses'.  Not
a good place to be.  I remember 'slow down' programs when the higher
speed 386s were released so that the program would not run stupidly fast.

However, I believe that being a 'sheeple' is not the way to go.  Sure
Windows7 has some whiz-bang stuff in it, but I've been enjoying the same
things with a Mac for years.

The only thing that Linux has to overcome is people's fear that they
will loose essential functionality by switching from Windows to Linux.
I don't see this unless they are (stupidly) Access addicts and that is
being addressed as well.

So, on with Linux.

James McKenzie