Fedora14 Audio mixers in KDE

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Nov 26 12:55:42 UTC 2010

I have just updated some systems for Fedora12 to Fedora14.
All has gone well and is working well, so far, except that
I don't seem to be able to control the mixer on the sound
hardware. Sound is working, in that I get the login music,
beeps etc.

Specifically I want to listen to audio from the Line input. The
KDE sound icon has an overall level control but no other
controls. The "Configure Channels" settings in kmix do not
list any other channels. This on three systems, with different sound
hardware although all Intel I think.

Any ideas, has something changed with the pulseaudio config ?