Fedora14 3D graphics with ATI, very very slow

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Nov 26 13:10:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have just updated from Fedora12 to Fedora14 on a few systems.
There is a problem with 3D graphics on at least two of these systems.
The one I am currently using has:

08:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV535 [Radeon X1650
Series] (rev 9e)
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on RV530

If I try and run blender, it comes up but there appear to be multiple second
delays when trying to click on menus etc.
If I try and turn compositing on then the graphics is very slow moving
windows etc. Is this due to the new Gallium 3D driver ?

A laptop with a Mobility Radeon X300 appears the same.

Any ideas ?