End of life for FC12?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 26 14:00:20 UTC 2010

On 11/26/10 12:57 AM, Hiisi wrote:
> to, 2010-11-25 kello 17:40 -0700, James McKenzie kirjoitti:
>> Before the days of Linux, I had an OS/2 system that was up for two
>> years.  I had to shut it down to move it from the United States to
>> Korea.  It ran there for months and months.  Not all Operating
>> Systems
>> are as unstable as Windows98 (it had the worst uptime that I know
>> of.)
>> I even ran a NetWare server that was up for six months (I crashed it
>> running a backup, the tape drive was filthy and a bug in the backup
>> program brought down the server.)
>>
>> James McKenzie
> I didn't say that F12 or Linux in common is unstable. On the contrary,
> I'm pretty sure we're on the right shore. My system serves as a router
> for home network so it's up all the time. However with buggy flash
> (random crashes that causes hangups of X server) and kernel updates
> (which is not so frequently near the EOL of F12) I had to reboot it or
> even hard reboot every 5-10 days.
Ouch.  Buggy systems are a bear to troubleshoot and maintain.  I liked
my uptime however.  I have a Mac now and things have been getting
stranger and stranger.  It may be time to go ahead and refresh build
it.  May take care of the problems with Firefox locking the system from
any inputs, which started with FF 3.5.

James McKenzie