Problm with icons on desktop

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 26 15:04:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 02:12 +0300, Hiisi wrote:
> to, 2010-11-25 kello 08:38 -0600, Aaron Konstam kirjoitti:
> > A question occurred to me. What configs would you coy from the virgin
> > user? Maybe I missed the one I need to copy.
>
> I only had this problem once a few releases ago with .bash_profile (when
> I messed my own trying to customize it).
>
> I wonder does that virgin user has the same problem? If you create a new
> user does the problem persists with him?
> --
> The documentation is in Japanese.  Good luck.
> 	-- Rich $alz

No it doesn't. I can fix this but it is annoying. You can tar up the
directory, then remove and reinstall the user. Finally, install the tar
file as a subdirectory under the home directory Finally move the files
and directories from this subdirectory to the home directory. Making
sure you don't transfer the configuration files. Alternately you can
untar the tar file into the home directory using the -k option which
prevents files already in the home directory from being changed. Both
methods will I think do the job.
Q: How do you know when you're in the section of Vermont? A: The maple
sap buckets are hanging on utility poles.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net