How to install the LibreOffice beta 3 rpm package

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 17:40:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM, David Nelson <commerce at traduction.biz> wrote:
> Hi, :-)
>
> There is a download of LibreOffice 3.3 beta 3 at:
>
> http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/3.3.0-beta3/rpm/x86/LibO_3.3.0_Linux_x86_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
>
> There are no instructions about how to install it, and I want to draft
> a how-to to be included with the download.

Sounds to me that the media-hyped and so-caled "exodus" from Evil
Oracle to LibreOffice still hasn´t reached the *critical mass* needed
to let this new independent autonomous body of well-spirited
Oracle-fearing and freedom-loving people who support Microsoft´s XML
formats and Novell´s patches to properly assemble RPMs, or
documentation for that matter. Oh, what a riot....

-sorry, couldn´t resist-

Please, ignore this message.
FC