Orinoco WiFi card

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Nov 27 12:33:53 UTC 2010

I have a ThinkPad T43 with an Orinoco Classic Silver PCMCIA card in it.
This works fine under Windows.
It used to work with the orinoco_cs driver under Fedora,
but I don't think it has worked since Fedora-11.

Now (under Fedora-14) a kernel OOPS is caused when the card is inserted,
or if the machine is booted with the card in.

I googled for orinoco_cs, but didn't find any recent posts on it.
Is this device no longer supported in Linux?
If so, it seems odd that the driver is still in the kernel.

I should explain that this machine is used by my wife, running Windows,
so the failure in Linux is more an academic matter than a practical issue.

Assuming this card is no longer supported,
can anyone recommend a PCMCIA or USB WiFi card for current Fedora?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net