Distributing a Fedora appliance

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 14:04:53 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 09:14:40 -0300,
>   Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What scripts?
> >
> > Virtualbox provides a menu option titled "Export VM Appliance".
> >
> > There are no scripts.
>
> How did the system get built in the first place?

Downloaded the Fedora 14, iso. Mounted the ISO into a Virtualbox VM, booted,
installed all updates, then removed the Fedora logos per Fedora VM
distribution guidelines.

> If you just do one off steps then probably it doesn't matter. If you are
> doing this to hand off copies to a few personal friends, no one is going to
> care. If you are going to put stuff up on the web noncommercially, you
> should
> read through at least GPL v2 as at least the kernel is covered by that and
> do your best at complying with one of the ways of pointing to source

I changed no source code at all of any of the binaries distributed, FWIW. In
fact I did NOT recompile anything. It´s a repackaging.

FC