Does it work for you? projectM pulseaudio visualization

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Nov 27 16:35:34 UTC 2010

On 27/11/10 08:33, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:35:28 -0500, Bob wrote:
>
>>> Fedora 14 - http://bugzilla.redhat.com/652974
>>>
>>> Test-case:
>>>
>>> 1) yum -y install projectM-pulseaudio
>>> 2) Applications>   Sound&   Video>   projectM-pulseaudio
>>> 3) no animation, not even if music is played
>>>
>>> Does it work for you?
>>      Yes -
>>
>>        [bobg at box9 ~]$ aplay /usr/share/sounds/purple/login.wav
>>      Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/purple/login.wav' : Signed 16 bit
>>      Little Endian, Rate 22050 Hz, Stereo
>>
>>      Results in a different display each time it is run.
>>
>>      Not sure I see any use for this but it works here.
>>

>>> If so, which graphics hardware and xorg-x11 driver is this with?
> Could you also answer this question, please?

    I wanted to but don't know how or exactly what is required.
    Dmidecode did not provide useful information as far as I could see.
    This is probably a five year old Dell desktop with video and audio
    on the main board.

    Tell me what to do and I will copy the data to you asap.

    Bob