Streaming audio out to an internet destination

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sun Nov 28 14:08:33 UTC 2010

On Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:49:13 pm JD wrote:
> I use skype quiet a bit.
> What I was interested in doing is this:
> While talking to someone on skype, I would
> like to be able to stream an audio track to
> the same destination that I am speaking with
> via skype.

Set up things to use JACK; you then can patch, reroute, plug in synths, effects, or whatnot.  See http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=25820 for how some folks are using skype with JACK.

JACK frees your audio routing in ways like nothing else.  It does have its quirks, though, and it might be overkill for something this simple; it was originally built to be the backend for professional-grade multitrack DAW work (in conjunction with Ardour, in other words).