Make a Linux box look/ act like a USB mass storage device ? (VxWorks)

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 16:23:05 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 23:26 +0000, Gabriel wrote:
> A quick look on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VxWorks, and I quote
>
> File systems: High Reliability File System (HRFS), FAT-based file system
> (DOSFS), Network File System (NFS)

Thanks for the tip.  I missed that.

This PVR doesn't have a network port, so its not NFS.

Its probably not HRFS.

Its probably DOSFS.

$ yum list \*dosfs\*
Installed Packages
dosfstools.i686
3.0.9-2.fc13

So... how do I mount a dosfs volume ?  I don't see dosfs as a -t
parameter in the mount command.  Dosfstools doesn't have a man page.

> But point to note, if that was my PVR device, I wouldn't leave the file
> system so exposed via the USB device. You may need to  check out if
> there are any modders who have already done what your trying to do

Nobody that I have found.