Make a Linux box look/ act like a USB mass storage device ? (VxWorks)

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 17:27:11 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 12:05 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 09:23 -0700, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > So... how do I mount a dosfs volume ?  I don't see dosfs as a -t
> > parameter in the mount command.  Dosfstools doesn't have a man page.
>
> I'm guessing it's a DOS filesystem, so just try "-t msdos" or "-t vfat".

Others have done so and said it doesn't work.  I don't think the VxWorks
dosfs is compatible with the msdos or vfat filesystem types, but at this
point I am mostly guessing.

I'll have hardware to work with next week.

Is the dosfs toolset compatible with the VxWorks dosfs filesystem or are
they different ?

Thanks