FC14 good/bad news

Hiisi saippua5 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 22:52:55 UTC 2010

su, 2010-11-28 kello 20:06 +0000, Terry Barnaby kirjoitti:
> This is not so important as running 3D apps though. Blender will not
> run on
> either of these systems (huge delays when posting menus etc). Mind you
> on
> Intel I945 hardware blender just causes the X-Server to lock-up hard,
> so its
> not just ATI cards.

It's probably has nothing in common with your problem, but on my system
(2.6.32.23-170.fc12.i686, upgraded from F11) I've aliased blender as
follows:
~]$ which blender
alias blender='LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 blender'
My videocard is:
product: RV350 AP [Radeon 9600]
vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
(driver is radeon)
Before doing that I had some problems with blender (i.e. white screen
instead of coordinate grid, empty boxes where different menus and popus
should be, etc.). Now it works like a charm.
--
Real Men don't make backups.  They upload it via ftp and let the world mirror it.
	-- Linus Torvalds