F14 X server problem

Dick St. Peters stpeters at NetHeaven.com
Mon Nov 29 02:19:57 UTC 2010

Tom Horsley writes:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:33:35 -0500
> Dick St. Peters wrote:
>
> > Let's be precise: you are using the F14-distributed fvwm with the
> > F14-distributed /usr/bin/Xorg server, and it's working?  In other
> > words:
> >
> > $ rpm -qa | egrep 'fvwm|xorg-x11-server-Xorg'
> > fvwm-2.5.30-2.fc14.i686
> > xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.9.1-3.fc14.i686
>
> Almost, I'm using the 64 bit versions:
>
> xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.9.1-3.fc14.x86_64
> fvwm-2.5.30-2.fc14.x86_64
>
> I've got my own highly customized .fvwmrc file, but I
> don't customize any fonts in it, so I'm getting whatever
> fvwm uses as defaults for fonts.

My normal .fvwmrc is highly customized, including some font sizes, but
I got the same problem with Xorg dieing when running as a user with no
.fvwmrc at all.  That was one of my early experiments when I began
fighting with this problem after the F13 -> F14 upgrade.

--
Dick St. Peters, stpeters at NetHeaven.com
Gatekeeper, NetHeaven, Saratoga Springs, NY