Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Nov 29 15:57:25 UTC 2010

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> If the user is a genuine member of the list, by now they should have
> noticed the crap being sent in their name and done something about
> it.
>
> If they aren't, why do we care about banning them?
>
> Even if they are genuine and for some reason haven't noticed the
> problem, banning them only means they'll get a reject from Mailman,
> whereupon they have the opportunity of appealing to the list admin.

This issue is already resolved.  No need to further clutter the list
discussing it. ;)

Thanks to those who brought it up to the list moderators as well.
That helped ensure we didn't miss the original spam that got through.

A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools.
    -- Douglas Adams