Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Tue Nov 30 01:17:40 UTC 2010

Actually, btw, I wrote to "Globe Trotter" and s/he was quite taken aback
because s/he said that s/he had unsubscribed from the list some time
ago. S/He also said that s/he would follow my suggestion and change
his/her password. But, I was thinking, what is the guarantee that the
"fake" poster e-mailed using his/her password. Is it that difficult to
spoof an e-mail address and post pretending from there?

I think the Fedora list may allow posts from unsubscribed individuals.
Perhaps these people could be made to go through a moderated process?

S/He was very apologetic to me and, by extension, to others on the list.

Ranjan