F13 & my printer does not work....

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 10:48:54 UTC 2010

On 11/30/2010 11:15 AM, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 11:00 +0100, DB wrote:
>> Strange thing is that under previous Fedoras, I had to fight to get the
>> scanner recognised, this time, the scanner is recognised&  working, but
>> I can't get any of the print commands to offer me anything but a "write
>> .pdf to file".
>
> Sounds like you don't have a queue set up for the printer.  Did you look
> at System->Administration->Printing?
>
> Tim.
> */

Thanks Tim,

Seems like the system is getting soooo slow!

I'd been through the KDE menus several times before & there was no icon
for the Epson printer - now there was one, but it couldn't find a
driver.  Seems like the system detects an Epson DX6000, but then doesn't
know what to do with it....  I've set it up with the DX4850 driver & it
now seems OK.  Maybe one day(!) someone will make an upgraded driver
available!

Thanks for you help

Dave