flash.exe files

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 23:55:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:38:41 -0500
Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

> Then its *not* a self-extracting ZIP archive.  That doesn't mean it
> isn't some other kind of self-extracting archive, or even some kind of
> executable Flash program that I am not aware of....

One of the things windows KVMs and copy on write filesystems are good
for. I can boot up the virtual machine, get the unknown program loaded,
disconnect the network, then run the program in as isolated an environment
as possible :-).

If it screws up the windows machine, I can revert back to the original
state of the qcow2 filesystem.